[OpenAFS-devel] Road map, was Proposal for capabilities support in Unix client 1.4.x

Steven Jenkins steven.jenkins@gmail.com
Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:46:16 -0400

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Derrick Brashear<shadow@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Could you clarify which of the DAFS bugs you are concerned about?
>> Several of the more serious DAFS bugs have had patches submitted over
>> the past few months..
>
> The ones we don't know about. I'll recheck but I don't think any of the
> listed issues is a show stopper. The real issue is the code as-is has had
> very little testing. Patches based on it, applied to other trees, have, but
> that's not really testing I'd want to put faith in for a new stable series.

So you're comfortable with a 1.6, including DAFS, with the set of
known issues, as long as testing of  the actual HEAD occurs?

That would be a very helpful statement.

Thanks,
Steven Jenkins
End Point Corporation