[OpenAFS-devel] Road map, was Proposal for capabilities support in Unix client 1.4.x

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Mon, 22 Jun 2009 13:15:33 -0400

--0016361e88c694c85b046cf3053f

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 11:46 AM, Steven Jenkins
<steven.jenkins@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Derrick Brashear<shadow@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> >> Could you clarify which of the DAFS bugs you are concerned about?
> >> Several of the more serious DAFS bugs have had patches submitted over
> >> the past few months..
> >
> > The ones we don't know about. I'll recheck but I don't think any of the
> > listed issues is a show stopper. The real issue is the code as-is has had
> > very little testing. Patches based on it, applied to other trees, have,
> but
> > that's not really testing I'd want to put faith in for a new stable
> series.
> >

> So you're comfortable with a 1.6, including DAFS, with the set of
> known issues, as long as testing of  the actual HEAD occurs?

As I said, I'll re-review, but certainly all the pieces which are
performance are things which can be resolved after a release with the base
functionality.

--0016361e88c694c85b046cf3053f

 Jenkins <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:steven.jenkins@gmail.com">=
l_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0p=
t 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
 Brashear&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:shadow@gmail.com">shadow@gmail.com</a>&gt; w=
rote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Could you clarify which of the DAFS bugs you are concerned about?<=
br>
&gt;&gt; Several of the more serious DAFS bugs have had patches submitted o=
ver<br>
&gt;&gt; the past few months..<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; The ones we don&#39;t know about. I&#39;ll recheck but I don&#39;t thi=
nk any of the<br>
&gt; listed issues is a show stopper. The real issue is the code as-is has =
had<br>
&gt; very little testing. Patches based on it, applied to other trees, have=
, but<br>
&gt; that&#39;s not really testing I&#39;d want to put faith in for a new s=
table series.<br>
&gt;<br>
set of<br>
known issues, as long as testing of =A0the actual HEAD occurs?<br>