[OpenAFS-devel] Road map, was Proposal for capabilities support in Unix client 1.4.x

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Mon, 22 Jun 2009 17:12:29 +0100

On 22 Jun 2009, at 16:04, Simon Wilkinson wrote:

> I can't help but feel that there's a need for a more general
> discussions about the timescales that people require from 1.6.

One further thing that occurs to me is that we don't necessarily have
to delay rxosd integration until 1.6 has shipped. Pretty much as soon
as we decide that we're pushing for 1.6, I'd imagine we'd fork the
current 'development' branch to provide a 1.6 branch, and a
development branch. After that point, we'd be free to take anything
rxosd related on the development branch, without it impacting on our
plans to get 1.6 out of the door. It would just mean the gatekeepers
having to maintain three branches (1.4, the-soon-to-be 1.6, and
development), and I'm sure they can do that!

S.