[OpenAFS-devel] Road map, was Proposal for capabilities support in Unix client 1.4.x

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Tue, 23 Jun 2009 12:03:03 -0400

--On Tuesday, June 23, 2009 09:10:45 AM -0400 Sean O'Malley
<omalleys@msu.edu> wrote:

> If this is enabled, then the server piece needs to be stable and
> bulletproof. In otherwords, make the server bulletproof, and you can fix
> the clients later.

No, that's not at all what Derrick said.  In fact, generally server-side
problems are much easier to fix, because even when you control all the
clients, you don't control all the clients.  But that point's moot, because
the feature we're talking about here is a server implementation feature and
doesn't affect clients.

-- Jeff