[OpenAFS-devel] Road map, was Proposal for capabilities support in Unix client 1.4.x

Sean O'Malley omalleys@msu.edu
Wed, 24 Jun 2009 10:13:13 -0400 (EDT)

My apologies to the list.

But while I am thinking about upgrades and migrations is there a way to
determine client versions that are connecting, who is using them and what
ip they are connecting from?

If there is an upgrade from 1.4 -> 1.5 or 1.6 and client version 1.2 isn't
supported, then it would be nice to contact the user/system admin before
the upgrade.

A customizable auto-reply message system would be the most ideal, like a
log, popup window and/or email message on their end to nag them a bit.
- client too new and unsupported planned upgrade on xyz date
- client unsupported will be deprecated on xyz date
- client deprecated.
- feature xyz unsupported will be by xyz date.
- you are a security risk.
- your client causes data and hair loss

My apologies to the list if this exists and I just missed it.