[OpenAFS-devel] Final Mac OS Steps

Barry Fawthrop barry@isscp.com
Mon, 30 Mar 2009 13:31:48 -0400

Yes Derrick, you are quite right.

This does lead me to two questions

(1) What is the need for the kernel module portion and what are it's functions
could this be managed some other way, perhaps without a kernel module?

(I'm no expert in these things, but I do have a good grasp of computing
and always willing to learn more)

(2) I'm finding that pr_Initialize fails when it get to
process.c  savecontext

switch(rc) {
   case 0:
      jmpBuffer = (jmp_buf_Type *) jmp_tmp;
      jmpBuffer[LWP_SP] = ptr_mangle((jmp_buf_type) sp);
-->      longjmp(jmp_tmp, 1);       <---- fails here
      break;
   case 1:
   case 2:
}

after the jmpBuffer[LWP_SP] call
   jmpBuffer and jmp_tmp have the same value
before longjmp

LWP_CreateProcess
   calls savecontext(Create_Process_Part2, &temp2->context, stackptr + stacksize - 16 - sizeof(void*));

producing the 1987 macosx-nat-inferior.c error given below.

Could someone please explain what this is trying to do and possibly why the failure?
Could it caused by the iPhone Simulator? (just wild guess), wanting to learn about this, truly.

Thanks to all