[OpenAFS-devel] init script modification suggestion

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Mon, 18 May 2009 07:47:11 -0400

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 2:21 AM, Atro Tossavainen
<atro.tossavainen+openafs@helsinki.fi> wrote:
> (No need to copy me explicitly, am on list)
>
>> > How does this affect authenticating logins against AFS?
>>
>> It doesn't affect it positively, negatively, or sidelong.
>
> You'd still have to have local files on each client tying the
> authentication to a particular system (in the dinosaur case, a
> "ThisCell" that would just be ignored by the FS client if -dynroot
> was specified)

Nope. ThisCell defines the local cell for e.g. klog user (not klog
user@realm) for dynroot or not dynroot.

> in a more modern setup, /etc/krb5.conf that wasn't
> relevant to the FS client to begin with)?

Well, even for krb5, ThisCell still defines the local cell if you just
run "aklog"