[OpenAFS-devel] init script modification suggestion

Atro Tossavainen atro.tossavainen+openafs@helsinki.fi
Mon, 18 May 2009 09:21:33 +0300 (EEST)

(No need to copy me explicitly, am on list)

> > How does this affect authenticating logins against AFS?
>
> It doesn't affect it positively, negatively, or sidelong.

You'd still have to have local files on each client tying the
authentication to a particular system (in the dinosaur case, a
"ThisCell" that would just be ignored by the FS client if -dynroot
was specified, in a more modern setup, /etc/krb5.conf that wasn't
relevant to the FS client to begin with)?

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,