[OpenAFS-devel] init script modification suggestion

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Mon, 18 May 2009 00:26:41 -0400

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 12:18 AM, Atro Tossavainen
<atro.tossavainen+openafs@helsinki.fi> wrote:
> Derrick Brashear wrote:
>
>> CellAliases file is your friend, and ameliorates this argument.
>>
>> I'd guess you're actually content with dynroot, and don't know it yet. ;=
)

> I'm getting the impression that doing that would be replacing a bit of
> configuration that's currently global and in AFS itself with something
> that is per-client and in a file on each client.

CellAliases would be a distributed file, just as CellServDB is, but,
you have a point.

>=A0I'm not sure yet
> this is a good idea. =A0On the other hand, I do acknowledge the choice
> to attach the client to a particular cell rather than dynroot is also
> a configuration item in a local file on each client.

That too.

> How does this affect authenticating logins against AFS? =A0(Yes, spare
> me the argument against kaserver. =A0I *know*. =A0We might not be using
> AFS by the end of this year anyway, The Them want to replace it with
> SMB/CIFS/NFSv4/whatever.)

It doesn't affect it positively, negatively, or sidelong.

Derrick