[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Weird interaction between libnss-afs and aklog

Adam Megacz adam@megacz.com
Fri, 27 Nov 2009 21:10:00 -0800

Jakub Witkowski <jpw@wszib.edu.pl> writes:
> I forgot to mention that I have been using Debian 5.0.3 x64 and Openafs
> 1.4.11+dfsg-5~bpo50+1 taken from the backports.org. I have also tried
> aklog from 1.5.66, with same results.

Hi Jakub.  In order to help you, we need to know:

  1. EXACTLY what version of libnss-afs you are using
  2. Whether or not you are using nscd
  3. If you are not using nscd, whether or not using nscd fixes it.

In general, running libnss-afs without nscd is very strongly
discouraged.  The libnss-afs web page is pretty clear about this.

I'm actually considering modifying the next version so that it simply
returns "not found" if it detects that it's running in a process other
than nscd itself.

  - a