[OpenAFS-devel] Re: OpenAFS Master Repository branch, master, updated. openafs-devel-1_5_65-15-ge5cf14b

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 6 Oct 2009 13:25:58 -0500

On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 11:41:35 -0400
Steven Jenkins <steven.jenkins@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I don't mean you, particularly. Until we have a framework better
> > than the one contributed 7 years ago for testing, it's all in flux,
> > and while I could elaborate suggestions for implementing a new one,
> > unless someone's actually promising to do it, there are more
> > pressing and useful things I could do *now* with the time.
>
> /me nods.  I don't know where a good, solid win is there either, but
> if someone *does* know where we could make some solid improvements
> (i.e., stuff we could get done in the short term, not pie-in-the-sky
> stuff), I'd like to hear it.

Well, you can still write your own tests, completely ignoring the
existing framework. I have a few volume-operation-related ones I've been
using recently. Getting them into a robust state takes time I haven't
spent yet, though; I don't consider them at the level of quality for
inclusion in the tree at this time.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net