[OpenAFS-devel] Re: OpenAFS Master Repository branch, master, updated. openafs-devel-1_5_65-15-ge5cf14b

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 6 Oct 2009 13:30:23 -0500

On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 13:19:06 -0500
Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> As to Steven's question of "for/against", I don't see any problems, as
> long as you're not requiring the same person who submitted it to write
> the docs. If nobody understands the change enough to document it and
> is willing to... I'd say that's problematic enough to block inclusion
> until that situation changes.

I forgot one thing I meant to mention. One theoretical objection is when
you change an interface that has no preexisting documentation. With the
great documentation improvements over time, I'm not aware of any
examples... but if that were to happen, blocking a change on documenting
the entire interface seems unreasonable to me. (e.g. if 'vos move' were
somehow not documented, and you added a flag, requiring documenting all
of the existing flags before accepting that change wouldn't make sense)

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net