[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Buildbot for gerrit

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 14 Oct 2009 10:02:00 -0500

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 08:58:22 +0100
Simon Wilkinson <sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> The key factor here is performance - the whole system needs to be able
> to build and test faster than patches appear in gerrit. Additional
> hardware will obviously help with this.

This would be my concern. Not so much for if we can build it _somewhere_
(I'm sure we can find enough spare x86 boxen), but build-time on certain
platforms will be more scarce. I don't know if we'd be able to build
every submitted change on, say, IRIX, but there are certainly changes I
make that I'd want verified on as many platforms as possible.

Is it possible for there to be a way to specify what platforms we want
something build-tested on, or should we just not bother with buildbot
for that kind of thing?

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net