[OpenAFS-devel] Re: OpenAFS 1.4.12.1 on Solaris 10 x64 - afs module uses wrong 64bit modules path

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 2 Aug 2010 14:08:57 -0500

On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 21:24:49 +0100
Robert Milkowski <milek@task.gda.pl> wrote:

> bash-3.00# modload /kernel/fs/amd64/afs
> can't load module: Operation not applicable
>
> bash-3.00# tail -1 /var/adm/messages
> Aug  1 20:08:16 unknown afs: [ID 718928 kern.notice] misc/nfssrv module
> must be loaded before loading afs with nfs-xlator

Thanks for the report; you're right, and we should be looking for
misc/amd64/nfssrv. This has been corrected in gerrit 2497 and will be in
future openafs releases.

If you want, the patch we went with is here:
<http://git.openafs.org/?p=openafs.git;a=commit;h=39643598a216c2e892cd94ccb441180a4c4f949e>,
but if you're okay with what you're doing, you should be fine.

And I'm just wondering, are you actually using the AFS/NFS translator?
If you load the libafs64.nonfs.o version of the module, you don't need
to do any of this (but you can't use the translator). Also, if you load
the module /kernel/misc/nfssrv (instead of /kernel/misc/amd64/nfssrv),
it should also have worked.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net