[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Preferred method for flagging patches as "safe to build"

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 4 Aug 2010 10:21:51 -0500

On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 23:52:00 -0400
Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu> wrote:

> I think this is a good model.  We could perhaps start without the
> automatic +1 SAFE, in case "trusted" developers want to submit changes
> that are not necessarily ready for test builds (for example, a build
> system change on which they want further review before deciding it is
> "safe").

We could default to an auto +1 safe for 'trusted' devs, but allow you to
specify that a commit is _not_ to be 'safe'. Perhaps by adding some
string to the commit message. "Buildbot-safe: no"?

And '+1 looks good to me' on the model in general.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net