[OpenAFS-devel] Re: ptserver coredumps (1.5.78 on FreeBSD 8.1)

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 8 Dec 2010 13:19:17 -0600

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 20:03:21 +0100
u-openafsdev-njsf@aetey.se wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 10:12:20AM -0600, Andrew Deason wrote:
> > > Compiled 1.4.12.1 which needed some tweaking to go through
> >
> > Can you share what that tweaking was? I assume you mean you needed
> > to do some extra steps to get it to compile?
>
> Applied this patch:

Okay, yeah, these are already on master and just need to be pulled to
1.4.

> I also tried to compile the kernel module but this did not go well
> nor seemed probable that it would actually work even if compiled :)

My understanding is that it partially works on master, but is a work in
progress. If you're interested, you should look at the port-freebsd list
for recent activity, and/or talk to Benjamin Kaduk and Matt Benjamin,
who I think have been working the most on it.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net