[OpenAFS-devel] Re: osi_Panic on AIX and IRIX

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 9 Feb 2010 17:20:44 -0600

On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 17:13:21 -0600
Chaz Chandler <clc31@inbox.com> wrote:

> >> Well, I don't know how well it's working out for AIX, but now I'm
> >> playing wack-a-mole #ifdefing all of the osi_Panic refs elsewhere.
> >
> > That's definitely not what you want to do. Panics still need to
> > panic, right?
>
> Not to remove them, but to surround them with ifdefs so that, on those
> platforms, osi_Panic is in the proper form (always four args).

Taking Simon's suggestion to declare osi_Panic to take an unspecified
number of arguments ('extern void osi_Panic();') would prevent that
need, and would avoid a compilation error.

I can't be completely sure it will actually _work_ after compiling, but
that's in one way one step closer, and would let us know if that is the
only problem.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net