[OpenAFS-devel] Re: osi_Panic on AIX and IRIX

Chaz Chandler clc31@inbox.com
Tue, 9 Feb 2010 17:43:34 -0800

>> Not to remove them, but to surround them with ifdefs so that, on those
>> platforms, osi_Panic is in the proper form (always four args).
>=20
> Taking Simon's suggestion to declare osi_Panic to take an unspecified
> number of arguments ('extern void osi_Panic();') would prevent that
> need, and would avoid a compilation error.

I don't think I'm explaining this very well, so here's an example:

In rx_kcommon.c, there are four references to osi_Panic (lines 264, 285, =
977, & 1304) with varying numbers of arguments.  Because osi_Panic on =
aix/irix is implemented with a mandatory 4 arguments, these lines raise =
errors when compiling.

<pre>
=2E..
c-1162 cc: ERROR File =3D =
/usr/people/clc31/src/openafs-git/src/rx/rx_kcommon.c, Line =3D 1304
  Too few arguments in function call.

                osi_Panic(=22rxk_Listener: No more Rx buffers=21=5Cn=22);
=2E..
</pre>

I don't see how it compiles on AIX, so I must be missing something=21

FREE 3D EARTH SCREENSAVER - Watch the Earth right on your desktop=21