[OpenAFS-devel] Re: osi_Panic on AIX and IRIX

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 10 Feb 2010 10:40:44 -0600

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 08:29:54 -0800
Chaz Chandler <clc31@inbox.com> wrote:

> > That is, change the declaration in rx_prototypes.h to read
> >
> > extern void osi_Panic();
>
> Yes, done -- Derrick's submitted a patch which removes the prototype
> on irix.  That's not the issue.  The prototype is a red herring.
> That's not what's causing the problems in rx_kcommon mentioned above,
> where there are references to osi_Panic with one or two args instead
> of always four.  Because these references occur in places which are
> also compiled on aix and irix, they should fail to compile.

No they should not. If osi_Panic lacks a prototype, it should compile no
matter how many arguments you give it. Note that I believe this is how
osi_Panic works for all non-Linux platforms in 1.4.x.

> Indeed, they do on irix.

What error are you getting?

> For instance, I believe irix does support stdarg in the kernel.  It
> doesn't have v*printf, but it has a function that could be used in its
> stead (cmn_err(), see link below) which does take va.

Yeah, the issue isn't really whether they support stdarg, but what to do
with the va_arg when you get it. icmn_err looks useful.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net