[OpenAFS-devel] JUAFS Makefile missing key defines?

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Wed, 10 Feb 2010 21:57:23 +0000

On 10 Feb 2010, at 21:06, Chaz Chandler wrote:
>=20
> Without ensuring -DAFS_SGI_ENV (JUAFS/Makefile has=20
> "DEFINES=3D-D_SGI_MP_SOURCE -DKERNEL -DUKERNEL"):

AFS_SGI_ENV is a kernel environment variable - it shouldn't be defined =
when we're building for use in user space (even when what we're building =
is code from the afs directory)

> cc-1029 cc: ERROR File =3D =
/usr/people/clc31/src/openafs-git/src/afs/afs_dcache.c, Line =3D 115
>  An expression is expected at this point.
>=20
>      .open     =3D osi_UFSOpen,
>      ^

I suspect what we should do here is either drop ukernel from the IRIX =
build entirely, or write a configure test for label support that we can =
use in all of these situations when we're building in user mode. I'm =
against dropping support for labels, because they do help protect =
against real errors on more modern platforms.

S.