[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Permission bug?

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Fri, 22 Jan 2010 14:02:37 +0100

Simon Wilkinson schrieb:
> On 22 Jan 2010, at 09:28, Hartmut Reuter wrote:
>
>> Simon,
>>
>> how can I find the patch cda65cda6e60e76be3b546adf9096cb25a7de14e
>> in gerrit? If I put this long string into the search field it
>> doesn't find anything.
>
> Because we cherry-pick into the repository, gerrit doesn't know the
> change by that name.
>
> If you do a 'git show' with that SHA1, you'll get it, though.
>
> We believe that the fix is http://gerrit.openafs.org/#change,1143
>
> S.

Thanks,

In the meantime I tried inserting a file into a directory with only
"li" rights for system:anyuser both on a 1.4.11 client and a 1.4.12pre1
client (server 1.4.12pre1).

In both cases also a file bigger than the cache could be written, but
"ls -l" gave on 1.4.12pre1 only question marks which I think is correct,
on 1.4.11 I got the normal output.

If I tried to overwrite the file again or read it it failed with
"permission" on both clients.

What is the problem we need the new patch for then?

Hartmut
Hartmut Reuter                  e-mail 		reuter@rzg.mpg.de
			   	phone 		 +49-89-3299-1328
			   	fax   		 +49-89-3299-1301
RZG (Rechenzentrum Garching)   	web    http://www.rzg.mpg.de/~hwr
Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG) and the
Institut fuer Plasmaphysik (IPP)