[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Permission bug?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 22 Jan 2010 08:15:28 -0500

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 14:02:37 +0100
Hartmut Reuter <reuter@rzg.mpg.de> wrote:

> In the meantime I tried inserting a file into a directory with only
> "li" rights for system:anyuser both on a 1.4.11 client and a
> 1.4.12pre1 client (server 1.4.12pre1).
>
> In both cases also a file bigger than the cache could be written, but
> "ls -l" gave on 1.4.12pre1 only question marks which I think is
> correct, on 1.4.11 I got the normal output.
>
> If I tried to overwrite the file again or read it it failed with
> "permission" on both clients.
>
> What is the problem we need the new patch for then?

Being the owner and having 'i' permissions is supposed to give you
implicit 'r' and 'w', isn't it? I believe the fileserver lets you do
that, and the existing client code certainly tried to allow that.

Failing to read on 1.4.11 is afs_AccessOK not correctly dealing with the
dropbox case (that 1143 tries to fix); that it lets you stat() the file
is the stat-leaking bug that was fixed that
cda65cda6e60e76be3b546adf9096cb25a7de14e was supposed to fix.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net