[OpenAFS-devel] hudson success (i.e. automatically building)

Fabrizio Manfredi fabrizio.manfredi@gmail.com
Tue, 13 Jul 2010 19:25:28 +0200

>Message: 5
>Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 09:28:02 -0400
>From: Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com>
>To: openafs-devel@openafs.org
>Subject: Re: [OpenAFS-devel] hudson success (i.e. automatically building)

>(3) Determine whether or not distributed builds can be supported.

Hudson is very nice product, but on distribution/test I think builbot
is better. (I use hudson anyway). Hudson can send the command for
build only 2/3 ways with a push mode only (the slaves can't  pull the
master), all that could be a big limitation.

For more details in build distribution :
http://wiki.hudson-ci.org/display/HUDSON/Distributed+builds

On the other hand one of the advantages of Hudson is the huge number
of plugins, in special way the Build reports, where you can find unit
test, code analyzer and much more ...

for more info:
http://wiki.hudson-ci.org/display/HUDSON/Plugins

bye manfred