[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS test harness and test suite process

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Mon, 28 Jun 2010 15:36:10 -0700

Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> writes:

> Thanks for this!

> What are the assumptions or context for the tests? Does it vary per test?

> Do the tests require a working client? A token? An admin token? a separate
> test cell?

So far, the only thing we're testing are internal routines with no
assumptions, but eventually we'll have those issues.  I think the goal for
most tests is to build an AFS file server on the fly to run tests against,
but there will be some tests that will require an existing client or an
existing server.  For example, the PAG handling tests for libkopenafs can
only really run if you have an AFS client already installed.

All of the test requirements and what setup you have to do will be
documented once we start adding test cases with specific requirements like
that.

I'm hopeful that if one has Heimdal installed we can spin up a test KDC
and a test database on the fly and build a Kerberos realm, to cut down on
the number of dependencies the test suite needs.  MIT Kerberos may also
now have enough flags to the KDC to get it to listen on non-standard ports
and on localhost for that to work.