[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS test harness and test suite process

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Tue, 29 Jun 2010 10:49:46 -0400

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> wrote:
> Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> writes:
>
>> Thanks for this!
>
>> What are the assumptions or context for the tests? Does it vary per test=
?

>> Do the tests require a working client? A token? An admin token? a separa=
te
>> test cell?
>
> So far, the only thing we're testing are internal routines with no
> assumptions, but eventually we'll have those issues. =A0I think the goal =
for
> most tests is to build an AFS file server on the fly to run tests against=
,
> but there will be some tests that will require an existing client or an
> existing server. =A0For example, the PAG handling tests for libkopenafs c=
an
> only really run if you have an AFS client already installed.
>
> All of the test requirements and what setup you have to do will be
> documented once we start adding test cases with specific requirements lik=
> that.
>
> I'm hopeful that if one has Heimdal installed we can spin up a test KDC
> and a test database on the fly and build a Kerberos realm, to cut down on
> the number of dependencies the test suite needs. =A0MIT Kerberos may also
> now have enough flags to the KDC to get it to listen on non-standard port=
> and on localhost for that to work.

Actually, the best situation is to avoid this entirely. Check out the
aklog -kimpersonate code.

Generate a keytab for an afs key, and mint tokens at will from it
(assuming you have a cell running with it)

--=20
Derrick