[OpenAFS-devel] Trivial rebase detection enabled on gerrit

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Sun, 16 May 2010 16:57:58 +0100

I've just enabled trivial rebase detection on gerrit.

=46rom now on, if a change is made that can be identified as being a =
pure rebase (ie, the git patch-id doesn't change, and the commit message =
remains identical), gerrit will automatically reapply all of the review =
scores from the previous version of the patch. Hopefully this will mean =
that our commit messages better reflect the review status of changes =
which require rebasing before submission.

This is also our first application of gerrit's commit hook feature, =
which I'm planning great things for...

Cheers,

Simon.