[OpenAFS-devel] Building with --enable-checking

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Mon, 31 May 2010 10:43:19 +0100

On 31 May 2010, at 10:33, Rod Widdowson wrote:
>=20
> I've googled around and had a trawl through the archives to no =
immediate
> avail; so what am I missing?

In theory, nothing

./configure --enable-checking

should be all you need to turn on a checked build, with the appropriate =
suppression of 'known' warnings.

Now, this only works with gcc 4.2 or later. If you're running an older =
version of gcc, turning on enable-checking will probably break things =
(we should probably check for this in the configure script). Also, the =
warnings that are produced varies by platform, and compiler. I test =
regularly on Mac OS X, and Andrew and Marc pick up warnings on i386 and =
x86_64 Linux. On other platforms, your mileage will vary.

The best bet would probably be if you put the output from make =
somewhere, so we can see the errors you're getting.

Cheers,

Simon.