[OpenAFS-devel] Re: qemu arm slave for buildbot

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 2 Nov 2010 09:34:19 -0500

On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 05:21:26 -0800
Chaz Chandler <clc31@inbox.com> wrote:

> I agree that this is frustrating.  However, the IRIX build time could
> be greatly reduced if parallel make worked properly; it can and does
> in other open source projects, but I believe that we're running into
> issues with Makefile assumptions about build order that don't
> necessarily hold true for IRIX.  It is a goal of mine to get this
> working, but I may need some guidance along the way.  Pointers
> welcome!

I thought parallel make is already supposed to work on master; Marc
Dionne (and maybe others?) did a ton of work to get it working. And in
fact I'd expect the build slaves to be building in parallel, so we catch
errors in parallel make more quickly.

If it's not already working, post the failures somewhere.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net