[OpenAFS-devel] Re: new aix buildbot slave available

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 5 Nov 2010 09:40:13 -0500

On Fri, 5 Nov 2010 09:39:00 +0100 (MET)
Niklas Edmundsson <Niklas.Edmundsson@hpc2n.umu.se> wrote:

> > AIX should build as of gerrit 3263, but the builder needs fiddling
> > (it either needs autoconf 2.60 installed, or the build scripts need
> > to be correctly pointing at autoconf 2.60). See
> > <http://buildbot.openafs.org:8010/builders/aix-builder/builds/2>
>
> My bad. The automatic restart upon boot failed to pick the right
> environment, so it had a PATH pointing to the IBM provided auto* RPMs
> which are rather old. I failed to point&click on the buildbot page to
> make it trigger a rebuild, but it should hopefully work better now
> (although no guarantees until I see that it actually did what I wanted
> it to do upon reboot of the LPAR ;).

Hmm, is there a way to just get buildbot to set the environment before
running the build steps?

> > [--with-krb5]
>
> A quirk with that LPAR is that it also has heimdal installed, and it
> seems that configure picks that one before the IBM provided krb5,
> probably due to the fact that the IBM krb5 has no krb5-config and thus
> is deemed "lesser".
>
> In my book it makes more sense for the buildbot to be building openafs
> with the IBM provided krb5 rather our own build of some random heimdal
> version...

Okay yeah, that makes sense. We just check for MIT and heimdal before
all of the OS-specific weird stuff, I'd expect. So yeah, +1 on how
you've been doing it.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net