[OpenAFS-devel] Re: new aix buildbot slave available

Chaz Chandler clc31@inbox.com
Fri, 5 Nov 2010 08:01:00 -0800

>> My bad. The automatic restart upon boot failed to pick the right
>> environment, so it had a PATH pointing to the IBM provided auto* RPMs
>> which are rather old. I failed to point&click on the buildbot page to
>> make it trigger a rebuild, but it should hopefully work better now
>> (although no guarantees until I see that it actually did what I wanted
>> it to do upon reboot of the LPAR ;).
>=20
> Hmm, is there a way to just get buildbot to set the environment before
> running the build steps?
>=20

I ran into this problem and ended up setting the preferred PATH explicitly =
in
the rc startup script:

su - =24=7BBB_USER=7D -c =22PATH=3D=24=7BBB_PATH=7D; export PATH; cd =
=24slave && =24BUILDBOT =241 1>&2 2>/dev/null=22

In my case (IRIX), su uses a funky default path and doesn't always honor =
the /etc/profile or =7E/.profile settings.  You may be experiencing =
something similar on AIX.

-Chaz

Share photos & screenshots in seconds...
TRY FREE IM TOOLPACK at http://www.imtoolpack.com/default.aspx?rc=3Dif1