[OpenAFS-devel] Re: new aix buildbot slave available

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 5 Nov 2010 11:24:02 -0500

On Fri, 5 Nov 2010 08:01:00 -0800
Chaz Chandler <clc31@inbox.com> wrote:

> > Hmm, is there a way to just get buildbot to set the environment before
> > running the build steps?
>
> I ran into this problem and ended up setting the preferred PATH
> explicitly in the rc startup script:
>
> su - ${BB_USER} -c "PATH=${BB_PATH}; export PATH; cd $slave && $BUILDBOT $1 1>&2 2>/dev/null"
>
> In my case (IRIX), su uses a funky default path and doesn't always
> honor the /etc/profile or ~/.profile settings.  You may be
> experiencing something similar on AIX.

I would think that configuring this in Buildbot itself would be
easier... I don't know anything about setting these things up or running
them, but the buildbot documentation seems to suggest this is possible:
<http://buildbot.net/buildbot/docs/0.7.2/#ShellCommand>, see "env".

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net