[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Error with first git push to gerrit

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Tue, 05 Oct 2010 13:18:18 -0700

Phillip Moore <w.phillip.moore@gmail.com> writes:

> OK, I managed to successfully make my first contribution to OpenAFS, and
> the Quick Start Guide for UNIX no sucks just a little less than it did
> yesterday.  Not my that much, though...

> Question...  since I submitted this to gerrit through a "git push"
> command, and it has since been accepted and merged into origin/master by
> whatever Russ and/or Derrick did, what do I do with the git branch I now
> have sitting here that thinks it's out of date:

> pmoore@Renegade$ git status
> # On branch quick-start-guide-unix
> # Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 1 commit.
> #
> nothing to commit (working directory clean)

> This is really a trivial git workflow question, but is everyone just
> destroying the branches locally when they're done?  I'm "done" with this
> branch, since it was accepted and merged via gerrit.

Yeah, I just destroy the local branch.  If you want to be sure there's
nothing left that wasn't accepted, you can rebase the branch against
origin/master and then see if there's anything left (with git diff
origin/master), although in this case you probably don't need to
double-check that.