[OpenAFS-devel] Building binary rpms for 1.5.77

Phillip Moore w.phillip.moore@gmail.com
Thu, 7 Oct 2010 13:05:30 -0400

--00c09f905db5c25656049209e6af

I managed to automate setting up a multi-cell environment for testing
purposes, but I'm using the binary RPMs for 1.4.12 which are available on
openafs.org.  There are numerous features in 1.5.* that want to use, so now
I'm looking to rebuild all of this with 1.5.77, for which of course no
binary rpms have been published yet.

I figured that those aren't being put together entirely by hand, so I tried
to find out how that are built.  This documentation:

http://wiki.openafs.org/AFSLore/HowToBuildOpenAFSFromSource/

seems out of date, since it discusses cvs instead of git.  It also only
discusses creating a source rpm, and I'm looking to build the same set of
binary rpms that are available for 1.4.12.

Can anyone give me some more pointers on how the 1.4.12 rpms were put
together?

I'm going to play around with the code and docs that are there today, and
see how far I get.  Figure that should be a good learning process...

--00c09f905db5c25656049209e6af

I managed to automate setting up a multi-cell environment for testing purpo=
ses, but I&#39;m using the binary RPMs for 1.4.12 which are available on <a=
 href=3D"http://openafs.org">openafs.org</a>. =A0There are numerous feature=
s in 1.5.* that want to use, so now I&#39;m looking to rebuild all of this =
with 1.5.77, for which of course no binary rpms have been published yet.<di=
v>
by hand, so I tried to find out how that are built. =A0This documentation:<=
ildOpenAFSFromSource/">http://wiki.openafs.org/AFSLore/HowToBuildOpenAFSFro=
mSource/</a></div>
t. =A0It also only discusses creating a source rpm, and I&#39;m looking to =
build the same set of binary rpms that are available for 1.4.12.</div><div>
round with the code and docs that are there today, and see how far I get. =
=A0Figure that should be a good learning process...</div>

--00c09f905db5c25656049209e6af--