[OpenAFS-devel] arm linux 26

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Wed, 06 Oct 2010 10:50:27 -0700

omalleys@msu.edu writes:

> Has anyone gotten this to work? I vaguely recall someone was working on
> this a long while ago. I think it was for a cell phone but I am looking
> at a plug computer.

It all builds fine on ARM for Debian, but I don't have a system myself and
haven't personally tried to use the packages.  I know others have in the
past, but I don't know how recently.

> I fired up a qemu vm with Fedora 12 (versatile board), cross-compiled
> and installed the latest new kernel. The openafs build on the vm is
> choking on can't find exported symbol init_mm during the openAFS kernel
> module building. I enabled kernel keyring support which seemingly should
> bypass this. But it can't find it...

--disable-linux-syscall-probing when you run configure.  init_mm is only
used by Linux syscall probing, and recent kernels don't like having the
probe code even in the module since they think it means the module has
undefined references to that symbol.

You'll have that problem with a recent kernel on any Linux system, not
just ARM.