[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Building binary rpms for 1.5.77

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 7 Oct 2010 16:58:28 -0500

On Thu, 7 Oct 2010 17:51:43 -0400
Phillip Moore <w.phillip.moore@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm about to submit another patch, but is it *really* necessary to
> create a branch even for one-liners like this one?   Is there a
> problem if I submit a patch against the head of origin/master?

It doesn't really matter what local branch you're on when you submit, so
sure, you can do that.

However, branches in git are extremely lightweight, and all it takes is
'git checkout -b foo'... I think we tend to find it easier to keep track
of things that way. If you don't create a branch, then any more changes
you make depend on that change (unless you 'git reset --hard HEAD^').

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net