[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Building binary rpms for 1.5.77

Andy Cobaugh phalenor@gmail.com
Thu, 7 Oct 2010 19:16:56 -0400 (EDT)

On 2010-10-07 at 17:44, Phillip Moore ( w.phillip.moore@gmail.com ) said:

> It's starting to become obvious that noone has built the rpms from the
> source tree without having a complete git checkout, because if .version's
> not there, then it falls back on querying the version with:

Right... I knew I forgot something. You have to add the .version file, and
add '\*/.version' to the tar command in makesrpm.pl

I guess it has been almost a month since I built our 1.5.77 RPMs, and I
guess I never submitted a patch for makesrpm.pl, or at least never made a
note of it anywhere.

--andy