[OpenAFS-devel] Linux debug symbols for kernel modules and cache manager

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Fri, 15 Oct 2010 10:22:32 +0100

On 14 Oct 2010, at 17:14, Edgecombe, Jason wrote:
=20
>=20
> Do the openafs RPMs include the debug symbols for the kernel modules =
and afsd? I need to analyze the performance of AFS on RHEL5.5 x86_64, =
and I would like to use oprofile to do that. If the debug symbols are =
missing, how can I create them?

Debug symbols for afsd are contained in the openafs-debuginfo package. =
We're not currently distributing debug symbols for kernel modules.

Patches for this are, of course, very welcome.

S.