[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] Documentation for fs precache

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 19 Oct 2010 12:13:39 -0500

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 09:35:31 -0400
Phillip Moore <w.phillip.moore@gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually, instead of a hidden command, how about making precache an
> alias to setprecache?  That seems simpler to implement.
>
> However, it's unclear to me how to make a change in 1.6.  Do I need to
> patch a specific branch?

Wait for the change to be merged to master. Then checkout a local branch
from origin/openafs-stable-1_6_x. 'git cherry-pick -x' the change that
got accepted on master, and remove the Change-Id in the commit message
(so a new Change-Id gets generated). Then push it to
refs/for/openafs-stable-1_6_x in gerrit.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net