[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] Documentation for fs precache

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 19 Oct 2010 12:16:43 -0500

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 12:13:39 -0500
Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 09:35:31 -0400
> Phillip Moore <w.phillip.moore@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > However, it's unclear to me how to make a change in 1.6.  Do I need to
> > patch a specific branch?
>
> Wait for the change to be merged to master. Then checkout a local branch
> from origin/openafs-stable-1_6_x. 'git cherry-pick -x' the change that
> got accepted on master, and remove the Change-Id in the commit message
> (so a new Change-Id gets generated). Then push it to
> refs/for/openafs-stable-1_6_x in gerrit.

Er, sorry, I wasn't paying enough attention to the context of this. If
you want to actually push something different to 1.6.x, then yeah, just
pull from origin/openafs-stable-1_6_x and push to
refs/for/openafs-stable-1_6_x.

What I described was submitting something you want to be in both master
and 1.6.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net