[OpenAFS-devel] Re: how to use cacheout

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 3 Sep 2010 11:11:36 -0500

On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 13:23:05 -0400
Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> wrote:

> ran "sh regen.sh" on an ubuntu box to create the configure script.
> ran ./configure && make
> copied the cacheout binary to my personal bin folder.
> --------
> command that was run: "~/bin/cacheout" (no arguments given)
> output:
>     Warning: could not get cell configuration.
>     Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Thanks. Segfault fixed in gerrit 2665 /
ddc55928786f7e8658fde020871c1eb90a36c8e6, but it's still not going to
work. It needs to be able to find ThisCell and CellServDB &co, which it
cannot do. Since you './configure'd without arguments, I think that puts
them in /usr/local/etc/openafs ? Symlink that dir to wherever your
client configuration files are, or copy the files there.

cacheout should probably be using some of the higher-level vldb
interfaces so you get better / more familiar error messages from
ugen_ClientInit... but probably not today.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net