[OpenAFS-devel] Disposing of non-64bit environment code

Derrick Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sun, 26 Sep 2010 17:38:52 -0400

On Sep 26, 2010, at 5:09 PM, Simon Wilkinson <sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>=20
> According to the settings in config/param.h we have a very, very small num=
ber of configuration settings which don't set the AFS_64BIT_ENV define...
>=20
> These are:
>=20
> sun4_413
> sub4x_55
> sunx86_54
> *_nbsd15
> *_nbsd16
>=20

Probably fine for these to go; they're bitrotted badly

> Does anyone still care about these platforms, or can we get rid of the AFS=
_64BIT_ENV code?
>=20
> Second question...
>=20
> Even on 64 bit platforms, afs_hyper_t uses two 32 bit values to represent a=
n 64 bit value. Do we still need to do this (the && 0 which disables this da=
tes back to IBM days)?
>=20

I don't think we need to, from memory, but I assume the byte order is correc=
t?=