[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Removing the rx_stats export from RX

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Tue, 28 Sep 2010 22:49:29 +0100

On 28 Sep 2010, at 22:42, Andrew Deason wrote:

> I'm possibly bikeshedding, but... we don't want to just let the caller
> worry about allocation?
[...]
> Or are we trying to allow extending the structure or something?

My general preference is for interfaces in which the library performs =
both the allocation and the deallocation. In this case, it would allow =
us to transparently extend the statistics structure, as long as we =
always added new entries at the end, and never reused existing fields.

S.