[OpenAFS-devel] Building OpenAFS for Windows with Heimdal Compatibility

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster@gmail.com
Wed, 29 Sep 2010 18:32:49 +0000

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 16:25, Jeffrey Altman
<jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> wrote:
..
>   1. Should it be imported into the OpenAFS repository from github as
>      an external?
>   2. Should it be required that developers download it and install it
>      themselves?

I think (1) is *slightly* preferable because you know that when someone
is building from source what versions of the libraries one is getting.
(That is unless your scripts will require a specific version of the source).
Known bugs included, but at least not bugs because someone is
using version 1.2a of some code base, and you moved on to 5.6.

But that said, I build from source(s) these days mostly for new
kernel releases, so I would not have problems with either
approach.

Gary