[OpenAFS-devel] Linux client 2.6.38 and above hangs

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Sat, 30 Apr 2011 15:52:57 -0700

Markus Suvanto <markus.suvanto@gmail.com> writes:

> Openafs client (openafs-stable-1_4_x, openafs-stable-1_6_x and master
> branch) hangs if linux kernel is 2.6.38 or newer. The openafs kernel
> module compiles and client stars OK but computer totally hangs if I try
> to compile linux kernel under /afs/path/to/kernel-2.6

This is probably the same problem that we've been trying to track down
elsewhere.  Do you get a soft CPU lockup warning from the kernel after
about a minute waiting for the system to recover?