[OpenAFS-devel] IPv6 support

ambarisha b b.ambarisha@gmail.com
Sat, 12 Feb 2011 10:50:24 +0530

Derrick, thanks for your response.I hope to extend my work beyond
GSoC, to finish the project.So, that's not a problem.
I went through the code to get an idea of the task at hand. This is
what I could come up with.

I found most of the IP version dependent calls to the Sockets API
spread over the entire code.So trying to effect the extension would
mean heavy changes in a lot of places and in some cases the code could
get littered with #ifdef.Instead my idea was to write a separate
library where all the network transactions are handled.This library
would be IPv6 compatible.So remaining part of the code would go
through this library for any network access.I hope to design this
library optimised for our usage rather than a generic one.

Please, express any of your concerns or ideas regarding the approach.

Cheers
Ambarisha