[OpenAFS-devel] buildbot changes - adding config.log

Chaz Chandler clc31@inbox.com
Sun, 20 Feb 2011 23:31:21 -0500

On 02/20/2011 05:42 PM, Jason Edgecombe wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> At Andrew Deason's suggestion, I have added a =22cat config.log=22 =
buildstep
> to the debian-i386, debian-arm, and fedora-arm builders. These builders
> share the same buildfactory. I'm a little concerned that the config.log
> file is =7E852K and that is uploaded with each build.
>
> Any opinions on whether or not to include this? I hesitate because of
> the bandwidth involved, and I know one of the buildslaves had issues
> with saturating it's upstream pipe.
>
> Jason

I've been thinking about this, especially after seeing something like=20
400kbps worth of uncompressed compiler text output (MIPSPro C is quite=20
verbose) flowing over the wire.  While digging around the online docs to=20
see if there was any compression options for slave output, I noticed=20
that Buildbot has the capability to send files from the slave to the=20
master.  If we were to gzip, for instance, config.log and upload the=20
compressed output, would that work for your needs, Andrew?

Alternatively, we could look at using something like stunnel with=20
compression to send the compiler output back to the master.

Send any screenshot to your friends in seconds...
TRY IM TOOLPACK at http://www.imtoolpack.com/default.aspx?rc=3Dif2 for FREE