[OpenAFS-devel] buildbot changes - adding config.log

Marc Dionne marc.c.dionne@gmail.com
Mon, 21 Feb 2011 08:41:47 -0500

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 17:42, Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> wr=
ote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> At Andrew Deason's suggestion, I have added a "cat config.log" buildstep =
to the debian-i386, debian-arm, and fedora-arm builders. These builders sha=
re the same buildfactory. I'm a little concerned that the config.log file i=
s ~852K and that is uploaded with each build.

> Any opinions on whether or not to include this? I hesitate because of the=
 bandwidth involved, and I know one of the buildslaves had issues with satu=
rating it's upstream pipe.

> Jason

Hi Jason,

I suspect you may be mixing Andrew and I - I asked you about possibly
adding that output to the build log.

I probably care more than most since almost every Linux kernel cycle
means changing or adding several configure tests.  When these don't
give the expected result, config.log can usually tell you in a few
seconds what went wrong, instead of digging and guessing.  I had such
a case last week, and ended up switching the test around to bypass the
issue.

Maybe we could detect in the build script whether the current commit
touches any configure files (src/cf/*, *.m4, *.ac) and include it only
in that case?  Using "git diff" creatively can probably give us that
information.

Marc