[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Crash on AIX 6.1 TL6 SP3

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Sat, 26 Feb 2011 15:13:09 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 26 Feb 2011, Derrick Brashear wrote:

>> afsd doing the check may be sufficient, but if we wanted to do better,
>> we could have afsd tell the kernel module what version we are on
>> startup, and the kernel module can compare the version info.
>
> this is probably a better option, as some people still stubbornly do
> not match their kernel module and afsd...

Yes please -- I am in the process of upgrading our test cell from 1.4.8 to
1.6.0pre2 and mistakenly ran the old afsd with the new module.  I may be
stuck waiting until Monday for the machine to be rebooted.

--kaduk