[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Crash on AIX 6.1 TL6 SP3

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Sun, 27 Feb 2011 06:02:06 -0500

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 7:12 AM, Derrick Brashear <shadow@gmail.com> wrote:
>> afsd doing the check may be sufficient, but if we wanted to do better,
>> we could have afsd tell the kernel module what version we are on
>> startup, and the kernel module can compare the version info.
>
> this is probably a better option, as some people still stubbornly do
> not match their kernel module and afsd...

thing is, the afsd has no changes here, so, if we had a way to build
both, "simple" would be to have the load script use the uname or
whatever output to decide which module to load, and move on

it's not terribly different than the disaster that is irix.

--
Derrick