Fwd: Re: [OpenAFS-devel] Request Tracker upgraded

Chaskiel Grundman cg2v@andrew.cmu.edu
Sun, 10 Jul 2011 15:38:41 -0400 (EDT)

From: 	Simon Wilkinson <sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk>
>>  On 07/09/2011 02:20 PM, Chaskiel Grundman wrote:
>>>  If you notice any problems or missing functionality, please notify
>>> gco-maintainers@grand.central.org or openafs-gatekeepers@openafs.org

> I think that probably qualifies as an understatement of the year. It
> appears to be orders of magnitude faster,
>  Thanks to everyone involved in the upgrade!
Some of those thanks should go to Carnegie Mellon, particularly David
Baisley and Shlomo Balass, for providing a new dell poweredge 710 to host
these services on. The majority of the performance improvement is
presumably due to the additional resources I was able to allocate to mysql
and apache compared to the old system.

> One small question - I can't seem to find any of the saved searches from the
> old version, or any way to create saved searches in this one. Is there a
> configuration bit that needs flipped?
(Really, I don't normally read the lists... I just happened to check today
because I moved the mailing lists to the new vmware host..)

It appears saved searches now have their own ACL bits. All users should
now be able to see the saved searches, and openafs-bug-workers can
hopefully create new ones and edit existing ones. At some point, I will
do more research on this and figure out which of the new bits people
actually need (LoadSavedSearch vs ShowSavedSearches, CreateSavedSearch vs
EditSavedSearches)